Monday, January 3, 2011

Why I'm a Housewife...

A reasonable question. I have a college degree (in nursing) and did have a good paying job (for a year there). I'm not the typical wait-on-my-husband and make his life wonderful type of gal. Ok, sometimes I am. But I have no hang ups saying that I firmly believe that it is not a "woman's job" to make her husband (or wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, fiancee, etc) a happy home. When we were both working full time we shared the household chores. Now that I stay home I don't just do the typical cleaning, cooking, laundry routine. We are constantly working on the house we bought last year, so I do little remodeling things around the house, refinish furniture, do yard work, and the like. All in all try to stay busy. I'm going to try to use the blog to share my recipes, house tips, projects, etc. Also, because we are a CFF (child free family) you can always get great stories about my dog and three cats, who are all currently fighting to help me write this post. ah. life is good

2 comments:

  1. Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rachel,

    My name is Kristen Meinzer and I’m a producer with the Takeaway on Public Radio International. I’m writing because we would love to interview you tomorrow morning by skype at 9:15am eastern time.

    The interview will focus on the idea of what it means to be a “feminist housewife,” why so many women who choose to stay home with their children are criticized, and the day-to-day struggles you face as a feminist who’s a stay-at-home mom.

    This interview would last under ten minutes and be hosted by John Hockenberry. It would be live and national.

    Please let us know as soon as you can if this will work for you.

    We really hope it does!

    Thank you!!!

    Best--
    Kristen

    Kristen Meinzer
    Associate Producer, The Takeaway
    Co-host, The Takeaway Movie Date podcast
    A production of WNYC / Public Radio International
    160 Varick Street, 8th Floor
    New York, NY 10013
    Desk: 646.829.4060
    Cell: 347.401.0203
    kristentakeaway@gmail.com / kmeinzer@wnyc.org
    www.thetakeaway.org / www.moviedatepodcast.org

    ReplyDelete